Sunday 1 July 2012

Life Off the Grid 17 - June 30, 2012

June 30, 2012

 There has been much hard work done this week.  So we started Jeff's last full day at the lake for this visit with some R&R...

Then I needed to go burn the kitchen garbage.

While I was doing that, I noticed my zucchini has blossoms!  This is very exciting!

Grill over the burn barrel because it has been hot and dry for nearly a week. Safety first!

A burn barrel is a phenomenal thing.  It concentrates the heat and creates a mini incinerator.

Lookks like Seamus is taking an interest in the fire.  Actually, he's just waiting for me to throw another frisbee into the lake...

Then, boat ride. This is a bay on the lake that has amazing acoustics.

 Jeff hopes to come out here next time out, throw an anchor in and do some recording. Should be pretty cool with all the ambient sounds of nature, plus the fabulous acoustics.  It is a natural amphitheatre.


 So, I figured I would take some shots for potential album art...





 Back out in the open lake.
After the boat ride, we went quadding.

This is the side "road" we take to our parking space.

And this is some of the path down to the cabin.

This is looking back up at the steepest part.  A few years ago the kids and I carried in every stick of lumber and every shingle for a 16' x 22' garage package that became our boathouse. Yes, down that path. That was a hard, hard summer.

 More of the path...


 Yeah. Because I'm just friendly that way.


 Finally the cabin comes into sight.


And back in the boat for another glorious sunset cruise.

The moon...



My honey XOXOXOX!
 Nice gun show, Babe.


And the sun sets, and another chapter at the lake ends.  Tomorrow we get up and get ready to go to Winnipeg.  Jeff flies back to Alberta. I will stay in town a couple of days and then camp at the Folk Festival with our daughter, Heather. Then, it's back to the lake alone (well, with my dogs) for a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment